NeuroticPlanet Home | About OCD | OCD Treatments | Anxiety Disorders | Spectrum Disorders | Eating Disorders
Online Therapy | Getting Help for OCD | Gay Fears | Books | Site Policies | Search | BrainPhysics

FULL RECOVER FROM HOCD

Talk about sexual OCD, homosexuality fears (HOCD), and related topics. Warning: discussion may be explicit.

FULL RECOVER FROM HOCD

Postby saveconi on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:45 am

Is it really possible to fully recover from HOCD?
I mean 100% recovery with no more spikes and libido fully again at usual pre-disease level?
saveconi
Regular
Regular

Re: FULL RECOVER FROM HOCD

Postby mostlybetter on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:31 pm

You have to accept that there is no cure for ocd. It can be treated very effectively and minimized to the point where it has no significant effect on your life. So yes your libido will come back completely and yes you wont be bothered by hocd thoughts anymore, but this doesnt mean you wont get the occasional mild spike. I still get the occasional mild spike but I've learned in therapy the tools needed to let them go without paying them any attention.
YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH HELL BEFORE YOU GET TO HEAVEN..
mostlybetter

Postby joesbriz16 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:40 pm

doubts will always be there they will just be less annoying.
joesbriz16

Postby mostlybetter on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:19 pm

I just seen a transformers movie with Megan Fox and I couldn't believe how freakin hot she is! It made me wonder how the hell there was a time that I actually worried that I might not want that!
YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH HELL BEFORE YOU GET TO HEAVEN..
mostlybetter

Postby ifell100stories on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:41 pm

mostlybetter wrote:I just seen a transformers movie with Megan Fox and I couldn't believe how freakin hot she is! It made me wonder how the hell there was a time that I actually worried that I might not want that!

haha i just watched that the other night with my girlfriend. we also started to watch once upon a time in mexico. selma hayak is super hot too
Hey hey hey Mr. Hangman, go get your rope...
ifell100stories

Postby flyingchickenbot on Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:42 pm

actually, in a sense, you actually can 100% remove the OCD.

for example, i have had SOO many other types of OCD similar to HOCD. and once i got rid of them i felt so stupid for having them in the first place, the same happens with HOCD
flyingchickenbot
Regular
Regular

Postby 12qwas on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:20 pm

i hope so man. i have had this for 4 months and i cant wait to just let go of this bs so i can live my life again
12qwas

Postby Anon3 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:49 am

I'm much better than 8 months ago when I was seriously depressed and saw a psychiatrist about HOCD. However, I still have "HOCD days" (as I like to call them) every 2-3 weeks. There was also a period recently when I was literally terrified of an attractive guy in my class- I used to get physically ill when he was in my line of sight. However, that has largely subsided.

My interest in pursuing girls has returned, but unfortunately still not completely to pre-HOCD levels. I've had a hard time approaching girls all my life, and my love life has always been below average. Now I'm a bit depressed I can't find a girlfriend, lol.

I'm also worried about having sex again. I haven't been laid in 6+ months, which I think helped subside my HOCD fears. HOCD was killing my performance in the sack (I could get it up easy but I couldn't cum!) and this only helped feed my fears. I'm worried if I get with a girl the same problem will occur again.

I strongly recommend exercise, it helped me a lot. Although, at one point when my HOCD was extreme I couldn't even go to the gym, too many muscle guys! Now, it doesn't really bother me too much, and now I think- "I wish I looked more like him so that girls would find me more attractive. I guess it's time to up my squat this week"
Anon3
Visitor
Visitor

Postby HOFD on Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:17 pm

For the record... i completly! really curedd my hocd! SO YES it is possible, this is the second time i have hocd! the key? to curing it? do you wanna know yhe magical key?
HOFD

Postby PostMortemThought on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:00 pm

saveconi wrote:Is it really possible to fully recover from HOCD?
I mean 100% recovery with no more spikes and libido fully again at usual pre-disease level?

99.9% I know for sure. I went from suicidal in February to having months with zero HOCD. The max HOCD that I get lately is a week or 2 every 3-4 months and at a MAX level of 3 out of 10. In fact, when the thoughts come, I know for sure they're fake and bullshit. They just are a bit annoying for that week or 2.
PostMortemThought

Return to Sexual Obsessions & Compulsions